5 Must Have Summer Maxis
Before jumping into the goods, I just wanted to share a little story behind the Noguchi Garden, which is where I shot these photos. Carlos (hubby) and I have been visiting the Noguchi Garden for many years, it was our go to spot after dining at the TGI Friday's back in our early 20's. This is also where he popped the question four years ago; well it'll be four years on July 19th, his birthday! I'll share our engagement story in the future. This magical place sure has a special place in our hearts.
So initially I wanted to shoot this dress at the windmills in Palm Springs when I was there for a bachelorette but forgot my camera and didn't want to shoot with my iPhone 6. I figured that the Noguchi Garden was the perfect location to shoot this maxi dress that I am absolutely in love with! i love the contrast of this blue with the red, perfect combo. I decided to pair this maxi with these yellow-green sandals that have been a part of my shoe collection for maybe five years, not sure why I can't get rid of them, they are still in perfect condition.
Although we've had several of gloomy days in OC this past May, the time for summer dresses is quickly approaching and I wanted to share five maxi style dresses that in my humble opinion are a must for this summer!
1. Wrap Dress- This trend has yet to go out of style and I love it! Why? It's just the right amount of sexy and my favorite part is that your legs will make a cameo when you least expect it.
2. Prints- Polka Dots. Stripes. Stars. Florals. I love them all! All of these prints never go out of style, a nice floral dress is such a feminine and summer appropriate print. Did I mention that polka dots are my jam right now? And vertical stripes, I can use all the help that I can get!
3. CrispWhites - Can you ever go wrong with an all white outfit? Never! White is such statement color and perfect for a summer outing.
5. Linen - Linen is the new rage right now and it's also a perfectly breathable fabric for those hot summer days.
6. Zimmerman Elements - I don't know about you but I am absolutely obsessed with pretty much any Zimmerman dress, they are simply perfection. A maxi filled with ruffles, layers upon layers, pleats, embroidery, etc., will be so romantic for summer date nights.
Check out my picks below!